TACA Sponsors the Last Free Mini-Camp of the Summer.
7/26 from 9:00AM to 1:00PM and 7/27 from 4:00PM to 8:00PM
Josey Ranch Football Field, Carrollton
Register now before all of the slots are gone
@ HomeSchoolMiniCamps.com or FreeMiniCamps.com
These camps have a $200.00 value, but are free if you sign up soon!
Bring an eligible friend and receive a complimentary
Camp T-shirt! July 26th and 27th! Get all of the details at
HomeSchoolMiniCamps.com or FreeMiniCamps.com
Our Line-up of Coaches is unbelievable!
Off-Season Boxing Workouts are M/W/F from 4-5:30PM until July 25th!
2129 North Josey Lane Carrollton, TX 75006
Come get into the condition of your life with
Big Sugar Ray Phillips. Come on in and challenge yourself!
100% Sponsored by TACA. Treat yourself, don’t cheat yourself!
Where can your MS or HS (Grades 6-11) son play real football for $100.00?
Where can he be coached by former elite players grounded in Christ?
Where is there a program with no equipment to buy, No $800 “Reg” fees?
Where can your Freshman or Sophomore play age appropriate Football?
TACA-TACA-TACA-TACA- Register to play today before the teams are complete!
A common question for many parents is: What level of football is appropriate for my son?
Official TACA Football Practice Begins
August 4th @ 6PM
Please review site for all of your needed paperwork.
"A team where home-schooled and private schooled young men can learn and play the game of football!"
Are you interested in creating a team under the TACA banner?
Please read "Principles of Fielding a TACA Team".
Five Great Reasons to Play Football @ TACA
1. Christ. We’re Christ- centered. However, just as Christ did, we would welcome anyone. Like Jesus with the Samaritan woman, we would seek to eliminate barriers and want everyone to know they’re special in the eyes of God. All we ask is for those not ready to join us in prayer, to be respectful at our times of worship.
2. Coaches. We are blessed with fantastic, teaching Coaches. These men are parents themselves, and mature family men that go to great lengths to teach from experience our young men about life lessons, and the game of Football. They have played the game at all levels, from the NFL down. A couple of our Coaches have children currently in college athletics. Speak to other TACA parents about what impacts these men have had in their son’s lives. Our Coaches are recognized and connected in the collegiate Football community. If the opportunity presents itself to help move athletes to the next level, they will do whatever they can to help your son move to the next level. Just one of our Coaches along with his two brothers received complete scholarships to Duke, The Naval Academy, and University of Virginia.
3. Course. We believe what James Dobson said from “Focus on the Family”. Our ONLY job as a parent is to work ourselves out of a job. We will treat your son’s as young men, not boys. Our desire is to help you-help them with their focus on worship, their interactions with their family, and their studies. When conflicts arise your son will approach his teammate or Coach face to face and seek a faith driven resolution.
4. Cost. Why would you want to buy a pile of equipment that won’t fit your son this time next year? Why spend $700-800.00 in registration fees? Our approach is simple. Our equipment is leased out free of charge and our registration fee is only $100.00! Our young men participate in a raffle ticket sale to raise about half of what’s needed, and we raise the rest in cooperative programs in the business community. Part of our job as parents is to make certain our young men are financially independent and responsible. For these lessons to take root, they cannot begin when they have finished high-school. Mom and Dad can’t always be the answer to their financial issues.
5. Competition. We’re good at the game of Football! We won’t always be a 9-0 team, but we’ll win games by being better conditioned, better coached, and better at understanding the game from every position possible. Whether we win or lose a Football game, we'll try to do it with humility and sportsmanship.
TACA FOOTBALL RETURNS AFTER A 9-0 SEASON!
ANNOUNCING ELEVEN MAN FOOTBALL FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL & JV TEAMS FOR 2014
The "nuts and bolts" of TACA football - MS and JV teams forming for the 2014 season!
• We are a Christ Centered group organized to use athletics as an opportunity to spread the Gospel of Jesus.
• We are coached by a group of believers such as: former Pro Jason Wallace, Greig Altieri, John Connor, Curtis Tucker, and Jim Rooney.
• We are a competitive team that intentionally keeps our roster small so every player receives training and development at their skill level. We will coach each player where they are today and help them develop as athletes, young men, and warriors for their faith.
Who is eligible? Home-schooled or Private- schooled young men in 7th - 11th grade. Players cannot be 18 or an academic senior on September 1st 2014. Players will be on either the Middle School or Junior Varsity roster for the 2014 season. In 2015 TACA will join Varsity play.
Practice and Location Times: (To be announced soon!)
Registration Fee: Our registration is sponsored, so the cost per player is only $100.00 for the season. Athletes will be required to participate in a fund raiser.
Equipment: All equipment (shoulder pads, uniforms, helmets) is top quality and owned by TACA. We lease this gear at "Zero-Net-Cost" to each player. A deposit check of $300 is required to secure the lease and will be returned when the equipment is checked in at the end of the season. Parents must provide a cup, cleats and mouthpiece. Additional safety gear (body armor, arm pads, horse collars, etc.) is not mandatory and would be purchased at the parent's discretion and cost.
Questions: Turk Akturk (Director of Athletic Development) 214-675-8740 or James Rooney @ 972 900 0176. You can view and print player/parent forms by clicking the FOOTBALL menu item at the top of this page.